Military & Federal Government
As a leading provider of energy efficiency measures to the nation’s top ESCO’s, ECM has delivered multiple solutions on some of the largest and highest profile federal Energy Savings Performance Contracts. For example:
- ECM’s Water Solutions Group Aqua Engineering delivered Phase 1 of a water retrofit project for Miami Airport. We were then awarded the Phase 2 contract, which included the restricted areas, for a total of $2.4M.
- ECM’s Building Envelope Solutions Group delivered a $1.2M weatherization project through Johnson Controls at the Aberdeen Proving Ground. This project also included HVAC Armor coating measures.
- ECM Lighting Group delivered a 40,000-fixture retrofit in four months at the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offices in Washington, DC. This $2.6M project retrofit 1.5 million SF including 250,000 SF in restricted areas.
ECM: Comprehensive Evaluations (Water / Gas / Electricity)
Depending on geographic location and type of building, ECM might deliver a number of measures to meet your energy efficiency goals. We also have a very strong track record of securing custom rebate incentives from utilities nationwide.
ECM auditing teams review hundreds of buildings every month and our project teams implement measures in 45-50 states annually. Our auditors are trained to identify multiple measures while on-site, so we can often develop projects with larger scopes at lower costs with very attractive returns on investment.
Sample measures for federal and military facilities:
- Lighting Retrofits – Provide UFC experts in FED, GSA and VA projects
- Building Envelope Solutions – Reduce air infiltration, leakage, and solar gain
- Kitchen Hood Controls – Implement Demand Control Ventilation
- Air-Cooled Rooftop Optimization – Refurbish RTU’s to optimize performance
- Water Conservation – Optimize water treatment and other conservation solutions
- Central Plant & Airside Optimization – Maximize efficiency of core systems
- Generator Heating – Reduce cost of maintaining back-up generator temperatures
- IT Solutions – Measure, manage, and reduce plug load and print costs
ECM: Project Delivery
Most of our clients first chose ECM for our innovative solutions and our ability to quantify savings, but the key to sustaining long-term client relationships rests in our ability to deliver our projects both cost effectively and on-schedule. Effective delivery helps ECM continue to provide strong paybacks, even with unpredictable energy markets and constantly shifting utility funding sources.
When providing measures from teams in different disciplines, ECM often manages projects using the 1-Touch PM™ method. With 1-Touch PM, our customers have a single point-of-contact for bundled ECM projects. This system of managing multiple measures reduces complexity for our customer’s bid team, facilitates coordination on-site, and improves the experience of people using the facilities during construction.
Our systematic approach to delivering cost effective solutions starts with our strong attention to process details, and our experienced, professional project managers. Our processes utilize technology to maximize results while providing effective lines of communication, documentation, and project close-outs.
What sets ECM apart is our commitment to our clients and our dedication to being an extension of your team. Our most important metrics are from the customer surveys we send our clients after each project. Our determination to understand where we can improve has led to a big reduction in our costs and an ongoing increase in satisfaction for our clients and employees.
If you are developing a military or other federal project, please call us to see how working with ECM can increase the comprehensiveness and innovation of your ESPC Program.